FUNKO BATMAN PREVIEWS | FEBRUARY 2017 | GEEK NEWS BAT-NEWS PODCAST
Enjoy an audio/pod version of our FUNKO BATMAN PREVIEWS from this week’s online findings. Read our transcription below that as well!
Today’s Episode: FUNKO BATMAN PREVIEWS for February 9th, 2017. Today, we’re talking about what’s coming soon from Funko in the rich toy universe of Batman!
HOLY FUNKO FEBRUARY, BATMAN! SUICIDE SQUAD ACTION FIGURES coming this month, according to PopPriceGuide.com! (pre-order from Entertainment Earth):
- Harley Quinn (Inmate)- Arkham jumpsuit, book and espresso cup accessories, from the beginning of the film
- Joker (shirtless): Tattooed and shirtless Jared Leto Joker from the Arkham scene of Squad
- Killer Croc
- Underwater Batman: Batman wearing his rebreather mask from the Batman vs Joker and Harley, purple lamborghini car chase in Squad
Also coming this month, are 2 DARK KNIGHT RETURNS Previews Exclusive Pop!s from Previewsworld.com:
- Carrie Kelly Robin: teenage female Robin from the 1986 seminal classic graphic novel, Dark Knight Returns from Frank Miller
- Superman, from DKR
Again, these are both Previews Exclusives, due this month. They are also available for pre-order from tfaw.com, Entertainment Earth, and ToyWars.com
February also brings us 2 Walgreens Exclusive Pop!s from the DCU. Available now, only at Walgreens:
- 1 is John Stewart Green Lantern Pop!. John Stewart is the black version of Lantern, as opposed to Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner, who are both caucasian Lanterns.
- More specifically, from the Bat-universe, we have Joker in the Black Suit Pop!. This is the most recent style of Joker by Funko, with red and yellow spiraling eyeballs.
And switching gears to a younger generation of Bat-fan girls (or boys, for that matter): February brings FUNKO ROCK CANDIES from the DC Superhero Girls cartoon series. Available for pre-order from Entertainment Earth.
- Poison ivy
- The Batman non-specific figures coming are Bumblebee and Wonder Woman
Finally, we get a BATMAN SUPER DELUXE VINYL- Available for pre-order from Entertainment Earth: 6″ super sized bobble style figure from Funko. The head is a bit more squared off than Pop!s, but again, the big difference for most Pop! fans: a 6″ figure, vs. the standard 4 1/2″ in Pop.
While LONDON TOY FAIR REVEALS are a few weeks old at this point, it’s always worth reminding Funko Bat-fans that SERIES 2 of Batman: The Animated Series Pop!s have been announced, along with concept art for the figures. This London Toy fair announcement comes from Funko’s official blog.
- Robot Batman (aka “Hardak” from the BTAS episode titled His Silicon Soul)
- I Cant believe they’re doing Hardak, from His Silicon Soul
- They seem to be going in chronological order of the show, still keeping with season 1 characters
- Just says “Coming in 2017”
From all major DC TV shows: DCTV MYSTERY MINIS COMING SOON!
SOUND CLOUD DESCRIPTION: Look into the Bat-future (and present), for what’s coming from Funko/Gotham City for February and later this year! Today, we preview Funko Suicide Squad Action Figures, Dark Knight Returns Previews Exclusives, DC Superhero Girl Rock Candies, Batman: The Animated Series Pop!s Series 2 of bad guys, and DCTV Mystery Minis! Listen to Benjamin David, host of the show and Managing Editor of COMICBOOKINTL.COM, who also covers Funko for the fantastic FIGURESANDMORE.COM as well. Podcast Art by Courtney Delenn Slater: @CDSGraphics on Instagram and @CDS_Graphics on Twitter. STAY TUNED TO GEEK NEWS BAT-NEWS AND COMICBOOKINTL.COM FOR BENJAMIN’S FUNKO COVERAGE FROM NY TOY FAIR 2017! THAT’S RIGHT, BAT-FANS! GEEK NEWS BAT-NEWS WILL BE COVERING ALL OF YOUR FUNKO BAT-NEEDS, RIGHT FROM THIS YEAR’S TOY FAIR, THIS MONTH!!!! This podcast is produced, edited, and hosted by Benjamin David, Managing Editor of COMICBOOKINTL.COM: @ComicBookIntl on both Twitter and Instagram; ComicBookIntl.@GMail.com